Friday, January 7, 2011

Krzysztof Mazur żernica

onion espresso soup with milk foam

WOW - Somehow I have just a little bit proud of myself. In the last hours of my first self-created recipe was.


How did it happen? This morning I had an email in my mailbox with an invitation to a cooking competition. The theme was: "What is right for coffee?" You're thinking right on sweet things, but that's the Foodpairing team would not ! Creativity is needed in this competition and it will rise to unique creations here, where the coffee is of course in the foreground.


After the end of the closing date will be assessed in creations by a renowned jury. Among them is Stevan Paul , is certainly aware of the many. Whether it's Food Blog NutriCulinary or through his book "Monsieur, the lobster and I" .


smoked While reading the email it in my head and my brain cells dancing tango. Which spices and ingredients you could combine the best, so it is edible, too?


After much thought, I had at least schonmal the basic ingredient: Onions! I then decided first to prepare an onion soup, then with various spices and coffee in variants should be combined.


tried everything I knew possible, and my taste buds probably do not remember exactly what hit them. That was too sweet, the other sharp, even inedible things were there.


But then after about one hour trial and error, I was pretty happy with my result and you can eat it too! It sounds like a very crazy, but sometimes you have yet to venture something.


And so I made it:

Ingredients:

5 onions
40g butter
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon flour
750ml vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch cinnamon
a half cup of freshly brewed espresso coffee
milk

Preparation:

Peel the onions, halved and cut into thin slices. Melt butter in a saucepan and let the onions sauté until soft. Then add the maple syrup and in short let simmer. Then the flour over seven and mix well. The whole thing is then quenched with the vegetable stock and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper strongly flavored. The whole thing simmer for about 8 minutes.

Now comes to the little black coffee, nutmeg and cinnamon.

The soup I have now processed using a blender to a creamy soup, and then again seasoned with salt and pepper. Those who want can also add a dash of extra maple syrup. (Made in my taste test quite well) - then the soup a bit sweeter.

There is no kitchen in my milk frother or similar equipment for the production of milk foam, I had to improvise again. Milk heated in a pot and then also beaten frothy with a household blender.

the soup in glasses and to put the milk froth.

And Voilà finished my first soup creation! organized

0 comments:

Post a Comment