Sunday, December 26, 2010

Monopoly Property Cards Buy

The Vogtland cuisine - traditional / modern - Two cookbooks compared

Today I want to introduce two cookbooks, which are particularly dear to me. Some of it can probably already thinking - today is about the Vogtland kitchen.

As some already know I am a bred Vogtländerin that 10 years ago to Bavaria is "emigrated", but nevertheless impresses a homeland and we are proud of it. It is unfortunate that many people there it no longer know where they come from other regions and have their home simply forgotten.

But for me it is not so! I am glad that I continue to also Vogtland can still talk, because the dialects dying out, unfortunately, also gradually.

Now back to topic - the Vogtland food. I am a long time looking for a truly authentic cookbook that contains the courts of my home. Every now and then books come on the market that boast great with the tradition of the Vogtland and if the book is then examined more closely, one is disappointed and regret the purchase.

But that is about to change!

I have deliberately chosen for this report Vogtland two cookbooks, firstly a traditional and the other a book that combines traditional cuisine with modern influences.

And they are:


Derweeng ned ill of Falkmar Krause and the Upper Vogtland cookbook from singing restaurant owner Silvio Kuhnert.

In order to give you a little insight, here are some details to these quite different books. In the coming weeks I will detail some recipes that I will report to cook.


first Derweeng ned bad - The House Book of Vogtland kitchen

Author: Falkmar Krause
Published in Vogtland Publisher
ISBN Number: 3-928828-34-7

. My first impression about this book - WOW finally what I've been looking all the time!

Built is the cookbook in the following categories:

The holy bread, potatoes, dumplings, fried in a pan, pasta and Tellererichte, baking cakes for the feast, Eitroong, it has become the autumn, at Christmas time, what the children happy, beverages, Churn and centrifuge.

The author takes us approach each section with the right stories to the following dishes. This he adds the appropriate photos from the Vogtland and the courts.


A small selection of recipes:

- Weighing roast (a type of meatloaf)
- Schwammespalken, Möhrenspalken ( stews)
- naked Mahdi (a type of potato pancake)
- Bamber (Similar to the Russian blini, but much better * grin *)
- Vogtländischer Erdeppelkung (potato cakes)
- Sugar Männle (Christmas cake)

and many more

Conclusion: Who would call a truly traditional Vogtländisches his own cookbook, I recommend this book wholeheartedly! I am so glad that I have in my collection!


Author: Silvio Kuhnert
Published in Publisher edition limosa
ISBN no. 978-3-86037-390-3

Now we come to Book 2, which brings us from the singing restaurant owner from the Vogtland Silvio Kuhnert.

Silvio is Kuhnert, as he himself says a Vogtland, body and soul, and for 20 years, chef and cook. In his own Local "Green Tree" in Taltitz he serves locals and tourists with countless classic Vogtland Courts and with revamped modern creations. For this purpose, use products are used in the Vogtland region.

Built is the cookbook in the following categories:

soups and stews, salads, casseroles, stuffed vegetables, traditional dishes and house specialties, meat dishes, fish dishes, mushroom dishes, sweets and desserts, jams and jellies, baked goods, teas, drinks and coffees

The cookbook can be found still very nice stories and stories from the Vogtland. One finds in this book but not a glossy photos of every single court, which I personally find it a pity, but each page was designed with loving Vogtland photos.


A small selection of recipes:

- Sorrel - soup
- Taltitz sauerkraut salad
- Vogtländischer beer carp
- Aunt Trude's plum dumplings
- Vogtländische beef rolls
- Szeged goulash
- Spicy rose hip jam

and many more

Conclusion: Also this cookbook by Silvio Kuhnert I find it very successful. This is not a traditional Vogtländisches cookbook. Silvio Kuhnert want to miss the Vogtland kitchen a more modern image, and this he succeeds very well in my opinion.


Vogtland you my homeland,
born here I here I am at home,
Vogtland you my homeland,
with you I want to be
Vogtland you my homeland,
you the most beautiful Fleckel the world
who you saw once that never will be more go
oh Vogtland You're beautiful

- Silvio Kuhnert -


The Vogtländisches Nachkochaktion starts soon here on this blog: o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment